Follow these intrepid gentlemen (although that could be just a vicious rumour) on their journey of discovery. The following text is copied directly from a email from the Beer Ambassadors (unedited).
30 Breweries in 30 Days
On Sunday the 6th of June, three dedicated “men of beer” (and one IT Technician from London) set out to explore the new world beer frontier, the home of the beer avant garde, the United States of America.
These men are the Beer Ambassadors. Beer Academics traveling on behalf of beer, in the pursuit of beer, for the sake of beer. The journey will be documented on www.BeerAmbaasadors.com.
During the month of June, Barney Matthews & Miro Bellini of Beer DeLuxe, Tom Delmont of Mountain Goat Brewery and Jason Duffett (IT expert) will attempt to visit 30 breweries and taste upwards of 300 beers in 30 days.
Australia’s beer culture is experiencing somewhat of a renaissance.
- New beers/breweries are bubbling forth
- Home brewing is at a height unseen since the depression
- The overall beer market is shrinking, while the craft beer segment is growing
Similar factors were apparent in the USA during the 90’s. The real beer revolution struck hard in the States and today they enjoy well over 1500 craft breweries.
The Beer Ambassadors have organized tours of some of the most highly regarded breweries. Some eccentric, some historic, some giant, some tiny, all of them driven by epicurean values.
www.BeerAmbassadors.com will be a regularly updated source where you can enjoy:
- Photos of the breweries and products
- Interviews with the brewers
- An insight into the beer & food culture developing in the US
- Menus from specialty beer bars
- Gentlemanly discourse/anecdotes
For more information contact us in firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on: