Having looked at this beer for so long on the shelves I finally took one home to try (plus the 6, Abt12 and Triple). Putting it in the fridge to just chill it slightly, I promptly forgot it was there…….new baby etc, etc. Taking it out of the fridge, I poured it into a squat, large mouthed glass and left it for 30 minutes. The colour was deep reddish brown and suggested a full rich style. Aromas of fruitcake, vanilla biscuit and burnt toffee. Really mouth filling and rich with dark fruits, spice and sweet caramel all wrapped in a delicious creamy background. This is an excellent beer that holds its alcohol well. Drinking more than one would be a little too easy.
- 3 Ravens The Ravenator Bock
- 3 Ravens Ale Noir Oak Aged Smoke Beer
- Harrington’s Big John Special Reserve – Scotch Ale
- Beer Ambassadors – Craft Beer Tour of the USA. 30 Breweries, 300 beers.
- Yeastie Boys Pot Kettle Black (PKB)
- Belgian Beer Tasting May 19
- Estrella Damm Inedit
- Brewboys Ace of Spades Stout
- Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA
- Australian Craft Beer Festival. March 2010. Wrap-up.
- Red Duck The Ox Imperial Stout
- Red Duck Golden Dragon Strong Celtic Ale. 2010 Version
- Bridge Road Brewers Galaxy Hop IPA
- Malt Shovel Brewery Mad Brewers Orchard Ale Saison
- Mountain Goat Limited Release IPA
Leon Sammartino on Dark Star Espresso Coffee… Richard Whitebrook on 3 Ravens Ale Noir Oak Aged Smo… SL on 3 Ravens Ale Noir Oak Aged Smo… Dave on 3 Ravens Ale Noir Oak Aged Smo… SL on Brewboys Ace of Spades St…